Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Later Sk8r Card #3



 

Design: Originals "Sweet and Simple" p. 108 (one of my favorite "go to" designs)

Supplies Needed:
The technique I used to get different colors on the truck is known as "paper piecing".  It's where you stamp the truck out in each color you want. Then, you cut out the various part and piece them together.  I left the Pear inked image as the base and layered the Slate wheels and Outdoor Denim truck onto it.  The other detail I used was to shade the various pieces of the truck with a coordinating colored pencil.

For the "play hard" sentiment, I actually cut the stamp in half.  Since the words are so close together, you'll have to stretch the acrylic and be ever so careful with your microtip scissors (only do this with microtip. Any other scissors won't be precise and ruin your image for good). I don't mind cutting images apart, because you can always mount them on the block together as it they were never cut.  Love the options of our clear acrylic stamps....try doing that with rubber.  Not going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment