Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm a proud mama!

For all of her life, Chelsey has bad a goal to go to BYU.  As the years passed, we kept hearing how it was getting harder and harder to be accepted.  Chelsey didn't let that discourage her.  She dug in her heels and worked very hard to get great grades and be the best she could be in all areas of her life.  Last fall, she sent in her application and waited on pins and needles for months to hear the results.  The was no Plan B if she didn't make it.  Last Wednesday, BYU announced that results were being sent out throughout the evening.  She was glued to her computer and the refresh button all evening.  I tried, but thought I would die of a heart attack waiting, so I distracted myself with American Idol.  Just as we were about to call it quits for the night, I heard a stampede running thorough my house and down the stairs to the family room.  I knew as soon as I saw her beaming smile that our wait was over and all of her dedication had payed off.  I'm so proud of you, Chelsey.  To honor this moment, I would like to share a few layouts of her senior pics that I created: (now...to figure out how we are paying for this...hmmmm)










BTW, if your wondering what papers I used for the last 2 layouts, it might surprise you that they are Hippity Hop (can't remember original colors...I think this is a Studio J exclusive...my memory fails me) and Bella (normally Creme Brulee, Hollyhock, Olive, and Smokey Plum).  I did these layouts on Studio J and was able to make the papers any color I wanted.  Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment