Sunday, May 19, 2013

Diabetes Blog Week: Share the Love

-->
Prompt: As another Diabetes Blog Week draws to a close, let’s reflect on some of the great bloggers we’ve found this week. Give some love to three blog posts you’ve read and loved during Diabetes Blog Week, and tell us why they’re worth reading. Or share three blogs you’ve found this week that are new to you.

I have to say...Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this participating this week.  So many of you educated me and inspired me.  Here are just of few of my highlights (not in any particular order):



Diabetes Dad got me thinking.  Wise advice!!!! Right now, Sadie is too young to manage any part of her care and I worry that with her down syndrome, how much she will be able to do.  However,  this story motivates me to make extra sure I give her ownership of her disease as much as I possibly can. Even now, I let her pick which finger to prick.  I don't think she picks one yet, but offers me her hand.  That's a start. And if it turns out, that she will never be able to calculate her own carbs, I want to make sure everyone in her world knows how and we have many contingent plans for her.



I'm putting this one mainly because the author of this blog has become a new friend and represents all the personal connections I felt with many of you.  Everyday, we seem to discover something else we have in common.  I was nervous participating this week.  I am so glad I did.  I felt welcome by so many of you and feel that I have found many new friends and that I belong.  It didn't matter that I was new to this world.  So I just want to say thanks to all....and especially to you girl glycosylated.


This one was very sobering for me a reminded me how fast things can go scary bad.  I take extra care now to make sure the diaper bag (which has been switched to a larger bag) is packed with all the essentials and more...just in case.  Even when I think I'm prepared, I check again.  And even if it's a quick out and back, you never know.  In my 2 months, there have been two times already when I forgot something and it turned out to be very needed.  

This post is also one that has prompted me to be more aggressive in my search for an alert dog for Sadie.  So if someday, she wanders off as kids can do, she will have a guardian and protector with her.  It's all about keeping her safe and alive.


My aha moment came in a comment on this post...  

God doesn’t give us what we can handle.  He helps us handle what we’ve been given.

Love that!

++++++++++++++++++++

There were SOOOOOOO many posts and comments that touched my heart this week and so many people I feel connected to.   I feel that these 4 links don't really do justice to summing up my experience.  

Thanks for letting me see into your world. Thanks for letting me see hope and joy...that anything and everything is possible and T1D won't stop that.  Thanks for letting me cry with you and laugh with you. Thank you for teaching me.  Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in this journey.  And thank you for listening and letting me show off my sweet Sadie....she is my world.

I hope that these blogs stay posted for a while cause I haven't read all that I want and hope to continue exploring over the coming weeks.  Thanks Bitter Sweet for organizing this!!!

See you next year...or keep watching my blog...I might actually become a real blogger and post about my thoughts, feelings, and life once in a while.  Crazy, right?  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment