Monday, May 9, 2011

Studio J online Boot Camp

Last week, I attended a Studio J Boot Camp.  Let me just say, Studio J is more amazing than I originally thought!!!!  Our VP or technology showed Studio J to a friend of his.  His friend works for Adobe and helped create Photoshop. His comment was (not an exact quote) 'Studio is the best. There's nothing like this out there'.

The Boot Camp experience was so amazing, I want to share it with you.  To do this, I have set up a  business page on FB where I will host a virtual Boot Camp and post the daily assignments. I would love for you to join us!

Here's how it works:

For the next 12 days, each day I will post one of my Boot Camp layouts. I will tell you what kit, pattern, kit mix, and teach you the technique(s) that you need to incorporate into your layout.
Even thought the Boot Camp I attended did 10 layouts, I decided to add a couple of extra layouts in the beginning. The Boot Camp layouts are pretty advanced and I think it will be helpful to have a couple of "starter" pages first. The first layout will be a very basic 5 minute layout and the second one will explore some of the basic customizing features. Nothing too fancy...till Wednesday! Mmwwhahahaha (evil laugh)
You will then, create your interpretation of the layout.

At the end of 12 days, you will purchase your layouts or at least the jpg images (you have to have a membership to do this) and post your layouts in the appropriate album on the photo wall. Day 1 layout will have an album, day 2 layout will have an album, etc. That way we can compare and contrast each layout with what everyone else did.

After everyone has posted their layouts, we will have a contest where you can go in and vote for your favorites by clicking “like”. You can vote for one layout in each album but not your own.

To increase your chances of winning, you can invite all your friends and family to vote for your layout.

The winners will get a prize and I might even give a few creative awards of my own.     

Don't worry if you get behind and miss a day. The assignments will stay posted. You can work at your own pace. You won't need to post any of your layouts until the very end. I will give you a day to review all of your layouts to make sure they are just as you like before starting the voting. 

If you have any friends or family that you think would like to participate, please invite them! The more the merrier!

To participate in the Boot Camp learning opportunity is completely FREE. However, to enter the contest portion (and win prizes up to $100+ in value), you have to have a Studio J membership. This is the only way to get the jpg images needed to post. You can participate without entering the contest. As the Boot Camp progresses, you can decide if a membership is right for you.

Make sure to contact me if you have questions or need help. You can email me (inkloader@myctmh.com), post your questions on FB, call or text me (801-616-0056)   

Day #1: Here's the first assignment.


First, you will need to know where to go. Bookmark THIS PAGE so you can return whenever you need.  Also, make sure my name is in the upper right corner.  If it's not, you are in the wrong place. 

Let's start off with the basics. Today's layout should only take you 5-15 minutes. Create a basic layout by adding your pictures, journaling, title, and coloring the toggle accents. That's it! Here's a tutorial to walk you through some basics.  If you need more help, there are more tutorials under the Studio J tab here on my blog. For this assignment, scroll down to Amy Ulen's videos and watch #1 and #2. 




 I've also posted lots of Studio J samples on my FB page if you need some inspiration.  Have fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment